Saturday, 9 January 2010
Trades (and a little NBA stuff)
(just to prove I have it)
Has indicated he's okay if he sees a plane ticket he likes. West coast kind of guy.
- be shocked if Phoenix makes the move (too smart there)
- be surprised if Anaheim makes a move (team fit is poor - may be a replacement for Nieds?)
- be surprised if San Jose makes a move (team fit is poor and Blake is playing well)
- be expecting to see a low-ball bid from Los Angeles (Lombardi is pretty smart)
- be expecting to see a deal made with Dallas (best combo of need, talent to offer, Cap space and budget flex)
As I mentioned elsewhere I like the idea of:
Benn, Skrastins and 1st
Souray and ??
That NBA Stuff
Word is that Houston wants to make a big push for Bosh.
Bosh (PF), Turkoglu (SF) and Calderon (PG)
McGrady (SG), Ariza (SF) and Scola (PF)
Salaries work per the trade machine but a trade like this never happens - trading Bosh means a rethink of the entire team and such a rethink means a restart. Hence the expiring contracts of McGrady and the now, not needed, contracts of Turkoglu and Calderon.
Next year the rotation is: Jack, DeRozan, Ariza, Scola (if re-signed) and Bargnani
Lottery - but not a bad place to start from. Drop in salary would be amazing.
Don't mind the talk on trading Calderon. Two best trades I see there:
Calderon and DeRozan (or Wright, if god blows sunshine up BC's ass)
Calderon and Wright
Morrison, Vujacic, Farmar, $3 million cash and a pick
This trade has been out there for a while and many serious pundits say LA wouldn't do it Vujacic was involved. Fair enough. Morrison is an expiring contract in 2010 while Vujacic's expires in 2011.
Vujacic's contract is costly, no way around it, but in 2011 the Raptors would have 3 expiring contracts (Vujacic, Evans and Banks) cumulatively worth just over $15 million - nice set of trade chips to have.
NBA... a pretty wild place to GM, even when stuck in the armchair.
Have a great evening everyone.